Academic Registrar (NUR)
Job Summary:Duty station: Huye (Rwanda)
Deadline date: January 27, 2012
Deadline time: 2 : 0 PM
Job Title: NUR Academic Registrar
The National University of Rwanda wishes to recruit an Academic Registrar. The ideal candidate should have significant experience of academic issues. More specifically, the Academic Registrar will perform the following tasks:
1 Ensure the implementation of the Institution’s academic regulations and advise the Vice Rector Academic and the chairs of all academic committees on the interpretation of the Institution’s Academic Regulations.
2 Advise the Vice Rector Academic on the development and revision of the Academic Regulations and liaise with the Quality Office with regard to the appointment and deployment of external examiners and other external assessors.
3 Lead and manage the development and efficient running of the central Examinations Office and liaise with Faculties, Schools and Centers as appropriate.
4 Maintain a register of external examiners and ensure that external examiners are replaced as necessary.
5 Manage the procedures and process for the admission, registration, assessment and examination, and graduation of all the Intuition’s students.
6 Ensure the proper use and allocation of all resources - physical, information, human and financial - including delivery to plan within budget.
7 Contribute fully to the Institution's corporate planning and communications processes and lead the development of the Registry Plan. Be responsible for the management of all staff in the Registry, including the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment.
8 Advise as appropriate with regard to Academic Appeals and Student Disciplinary.
9 Be a member of the Executive Council and Senate, be in attendance at meetings of the Board of Directors and serve on such other committees as agreed with the Vice Rector Academic.
10 Act as an ambassador for the Institution to appropriate employers and other bodies, policy makers and other stakeholders and uphold and promote the Institution's mission, vision and values.
11 Operate as a senior manager of the Institution on the Executive Council, responsible for the effective running and development of the whole Institution, and for assisting the Board of Governors and Senate in their governance functions.
12 Undertake such duties as may be commensurate with the post as required from time to time by the Vice Rector Academic.
1. The Academic registrar should hold a Masters or PhD in any field with an experience in the Academic field.
2. Successful experience as a manager including having a proven record of leadership, management and development of staff commensurate with this level of post.
3. Significant experience in the management of change.
4. A thorough understanding of higher education academic regulations.
5. Significant experience of managing academic services including ICT based data systems.
6. Experience of managing professional and administrative support staff.
7. Experience of managing significant financial and physical resources.
8. Interpersonal communication and committee skills appropriate for a senior member of the University.
9. Record of integrity and reliability in professional settings.
10. Strong values and commitment to NUR mission.
Place of work: National University of Rwanda, Huye campus.
Interested candidates will download and fill an application form which is found on www.nur.ac.rw. The filled application form, a copy of the National Identity card and a copy of copy of the academic degree will be submitted to the Director of Administration and Human Resources, with a copy to the Vice Rector for Administration and Finance.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 27th January, 2012 at 2:00 PM.
Huye, 16th January, 2012.
Dr. Desire Ndushabandi
Vice Rector for Administration and Finance